We pride ourselves in providing a safe and dry environment where friends and families from our community can get together and have a good time participating in recreational events at a reasonable cost. Our fields are completely enclosed. As such, it is required that our patrons adhere to the following basic safety rules as a minimum:
- No outdoor cleats are allowed on the fields.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the fields.
- No sliding is allowed on the fields.
- No spitting on the fields, WE WILL EJECT YOU!
- Respect other patrons; NO FOUL LANGUAGE!
- For soccer leagues and related events: SHIN GUARDS ARE REQUIRED!
Those in violation of the above rules may be asked to leave the facility. Your participation is welcome and appreciated. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to see our Guest Services staff for assistance or email email@example.com.
At the discretion of our referees and other BSC staff, those found to be intoxicated or under the influence of any substance that impairs their ability to participate in a safe manner, either for themselves or other guests, will not be allowed to participate in any events or activities at the facility and may be asked to leave the facility.
Have fun, keep it safe, and enjoy yourself in the spirit of the game.
All Soccer Leagues Rules
These rules take precedence over the "Official Rules of Indoor Soccer" as published by the USIndoor Sports Association.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about our rules.
- Unless otherwise stated, leagues will play 5v5 plus a keeper for a total of 6 players on the field per team during each game.
- A minimum number of 4 total players must be on the field at all times (including keeper)
- Coed Leagues are required to have a minimum of 2 female FIELD players on the field at all times. Female players may sub for male players, but the minimum number must be met for a full team fielded. (If a team only has 1 female player on the field, they will have to play shorthanded.)
Substitute Players (Subs)
A substitute player (sub) is a player who is not rostered on the team they would like play for, but has received permission from the team to play for the team temporarily for a given game. Prior to the sub playing, a sub must obtain a "sub slip" from guest services for each game they plan on playing in (fee(s) may apply). The sub slip for each game must be provided by the sub to the referee of the game they plan on playing in before that player steps foot on the field.
A sub slip may only be obtained by a player who does not have an outstanding account balance owed to the facility and whose membership is current and in good standing. A sub slip will not be issued to a player is currently suspended or not allowed back in the facility (e.g.: a player who is serving a Red Card suspension).
- Shin guards are required for all play.
- No dangerous objects may be worn (e.g.: hard casts without padding, jewelry, watches, or other objects that could injure).
- Bracelets, watches, or Fitbits may be worn if covered by a sweat band. (Sweat bands may be purchased at Guest Services.)
- Cleats are not allowed on ANY of our playing surfaces at any time. Turf Shoes, Tennis Shoes, and indoor
- This applies to ALL field play. Anyone wearing cleats in a league game will be blue carded and given a 2-minute time penalty.
- Any rental with players wearing cleats will have their rental stopped until all players remove their cleats. Lost time will not be refunded.
- Any player entering into a game in violation of these rules will be called for a foul and the other team will be presented with a free kick.
Duration of the Game
- For adult leagues, games will consist of two 22.5-minute halves unless otherwise noted (e.g.: tournament play).
- For youth leagues, games will consist of two 20-minute halves unless otherwise noted (e.g.: tournament play).
- Games WILL start at their scheduled time.
- A MAXIMUM of 2.5-minute grace period will be given when 1 or both teams do not have the required minimum
number of players. The clock WILL start either:
- The moment both teams have the minimum number of required players or
- 2.5 minutes after the scheduled time, whichever happens first.
- Unless otherwise noted, games on the small field will consist of two, 20-minute halves.
- Teams who desire to forfeit their upcoming game, must notify the facility as soon as possible (by calling or emailing email@example.com) so the facility may notify the other team as quickly and early as possible.
- Regardless of when the facility is notified, the forfeiting team will be fined $50.
- The team that did not forfeit will be credited $50.
- You may not go to the ground with any part of the body in order to play the ball.
- No sliding, no sliding kicks, no sliding blocks, no playing the ball while on the ground.
- If, in the opinion of the referee, you could not play the ball without going to ground, a foul will be called.
- ANY SLIDE TACKLE WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC 2 MINUTE PENALTY!
- All free kicks on the large fields are direct, all free kicks on the small field are indirect.
- In youth leagues U12 and below, the opposing players must retreat to the attacking line for goal box restarts on both fields.
- Penalty Kicks will be taken at the top of the arch with all other players behind the attacking line.
Penalty kicks will be given if either or both:
- A foul in the box is committed by the last defender.
- A foul in the box is committed that warrants a time penalty.
- All other fouls in the box will be a free kick at the top of the arch with a wall allowed.
- All opponents must be 15 feet from the ball on all restarts.
- On keeper restarts or free kicks in the defensive arch, the opposing team must be 15 feet away from the arch until the ball is in play.
- A player intentionally blocking the keeper from distributing the ball from inside of 15 feet will be issued a Blue Card.
The intimidation rule is intended to decrease the chances of players getting struck by the ball unnecessarily. This rule applies to only Women's C and all Coed C and D levels.
The rule may be suspended for an individual game if the two teams' managers and the referee agree to it before the start of the game.
There are three parts to the intimidation rule:
- Part 1: Was the ball SHOT with force towards another player?
- Yes?: Continue to Part 2.
- No?: No intimidation rule violation.
- Part 2: Did the ball strike another player in the head?
- Yes?: Call a foul on the player that struck the ball and issue a blue card for a 2-minute penalty.
- No?: Continue to Part 3.
- Part 3: Did the ball strike another player above the waist but not in the head?
- Yes?: Give a free kick to the team of the player struck and warn the player that kicked the ball that another offense by them will result in a blue card.
- No?: Play on.
When a team gains a goal differential of +5 goals, the opposing team will be allowed to add one field player until the goal differential is +4 goals or less. If a time penalty is given to a team playing with an extra player, they will need to take the additional field player off. If the goal differential drops below 5, the time penalty must still be served in full unless another goal is scored by the opponent (meaning another player must be removed).
In coed leagues, the player taken off must still meet with the 2 female field player minimum.
Blue Cards are for serious or persistent violations of the rules.
Yellow Cards are a warning that the next card displayed will be red.
Red Cards are disqualification from the game.
A 2-minute time penalty will be given for Blue Card offenses.
Goal keepers must serve their own time penalties.
A player receiving 2 Blue Cards will be shown a Yellow Card, notifying them that their next card will be red.
If a player receives an accumulation Red Card (three Blue Cards in one game) the player is ejected and the team will have a 2 minute time penalty.
Any player that receives a straight Red Card will be ejected from the game and the team will serve a 5-minute time penalty in full regardless of whether or not the other team scores.
There will be no delayed penalties. If a situation warrants a time penalty, the referee will give it at that moment regardless of an advantage situation.
Goal keepers must release a Keeper Restart outside of the arch for play to begin.
Keepers will have 5 seconds to put the ball in play outside of the arch on any stoppages.
Keepers will have a 5 second limit on ANY possession inside the arch whether with the foot or hand. Failure to get the ball out of the box in 5 seconds will result in a free kick for the opponents at the top of the arch.
Suspensions and Ejections
Any player receiving a Red Card is required to leave the facility immediately.
Red Cards will be assessed a mandatory 1-week suspension from all play at the facility.
All Red Cards will be reviewed by management and additional fines and/or suspension time will be added within 5 days of the incident.
Fighting and trying to instigate a fight will not be tolerated and will carry heavy suspensions and fines.
Youth Leagues Rules
- 4v4, no Keepers
- Max Roster: 8
- Small field
Girls U9-U12 / Boys U9-U12:
- 6v6 + Keepers
- Max Roster: 1
- Large field
Girls U13-U17 / Boys U13-U17:
- 5v5 + Keepers
- Max Roster: 14
- Large field
- U8 and below will use a size 3
- U9 through U12 will use a size 4
- U13 and above will use a size 5 ball
Only ONE coach per team will be allowed in the bench area. In the event of a coach getting ejected, he can be replaced by another coach or parent so that the game may resume.
Headers are not permitted for ages U5-U11. A free kick will be called. Due to this, goal keepers from U9-U11 will not be allowed to drop kick the ball, it must be thrown or rolled with the hands. In the event of a combined U11/U12 league, U11 league rules will be in play.
- When a team (U12 and below) gains a goal differential of +3 goals, they will be forced to remove one field player until the goal differential is +2 goals or less. If a time penalty is given to a team playing short handed, they will take an additional field player off. If the goal differential drops below 3, the time penalty must still be served in full unless another goal is scored by the opponent.
- For ages U13+, the goal differential is +5.